Personal branding is one of those buzz phrases doing the rounds at the moment. Wether or not you realise, every time you post onto social media, every email you send & every interaction you have with people in your community is contributing to your personal brand. Everything we post gives an insight into some important factors – What is important to us, our goals/direction, what we value, what we are doing, what we buy into, what we think & what gets us fired up! Our personal branding plays a vital role in our businesses, think of how linked Steve Jobs & Apple still are, even after his death. Its all down to great branding.
Here are 10 questions to help you develop your personal brand;
- What three adjectives would people use to describe you?
- What makes you unique as a business person?
- What are the turning points or plot twists in your life?
- What or who inspires you?
- What gets you really fired up?
- How do you balance your personal and your professional life?
- Would a friend, and a professional colleague have two totally different perceptions of you?
- Are challenges in life problems or opportunities?
- Are you stubborn or are you all about personal growth and learning from experiences?
- Do you take responsibility for your own success or failure?
These questions really really help you think and reflect on yourself and then decide what you need to work on and what aspects of your personal brand will align with your corporate brand. For example if you own a local business that is a service – catering, solicitor, accounting, therapist and the like, your personal brand will more than likely be quite strongly linked with your business & may even be the face of your business. If you are running a larger company, how is your personal brand linked with the values & beliefs of the company you’ve created?.
A thought to leave you with; there is no cost to improving and working on your personal branding, it all comes from within!.